Welding work

After a busy few months I managed to find a bit of time to have a look over BELa and start making plans for how to proceed. Given the amount of rust and MOT advises based around corrosion, I decided the best place to start would be with the body work as if its too far gone it could stall the entire project.

Finally having found time to strip out all but the drivers seat and dash and having had a fiddle to get the car into a state where it could get to and from the welders under it own power, at the end of summer I finally dropped it in on a “no rush” basis with the following list and a new OSF outrigger as that had fallen out due to rot.

– Nearside and Offside Rear Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded

– Nearside and Offside Rear Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded

– Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded

– Holes and corrosion to nearside and offside floor and outer sills at front

The garage kept the car for a couple of weeks and I was invited in once or twice to view progress as shown below. The amount of work has taken a good chunk out of the budget and was probably on the borderline of economic viability but at least most of the work is done now with only a few extra small bits of welding to finish off. Next on the plan is to get the interior back in place and free of the rear brakes (suspected cylinder issue)